The mission of the Department of Business is to create, develop and transform ordinary students into extraordinary, entrepreneurial and practical Christian business leaders through high academic standards, superior teaching, quality research, significant service with the effective use of technology.
We are becoming the foremost Christian Business School in the region, known for entrepreneurship, good Christian business practices, high ethical standards and significant community service.
Integration of faith, learning and practice, teaching excellence, research, team entrepreneurship, collaboration, engagement, diversity, community outreach.
Goals and Direction
To fulfill the mission, the department
- Delivers a curriculum that stimulates creativity; reflects Ouachita Hills College’s Seventh-day Adventist mission; and encourage spiritual growth, moral responsibility, collaboration, and economic and social entrepreneurship.
- Supports a co-curricular program that offers students distinctive opportunities to grow as leaders, develop Christian business skills, and engage in global service.
- Assists students in reaching their professional goals, while helping organizations match their specific needs with our students’ individual God given talents.
- Encourages students to apply biblical and Spirit of Prophesy principles to resolve day to day and strategic business Issues.
- Promotes a culture where faculty works closely with students to address individual development needs.
- Develops and supports faculty members to ensure that they are able to succeed both as teachers and creators of new knowledge through research.